Todd:A client came in yesterday and said every time I’m here you’re eating…and wanted to know Why? My response was to ensure thermogenesis and maintain healthy blood sugar levels and OPTIMIZE NATURAL ENERGY LEVELS…
What, Of course some type of SUPER FOOD,Remember SUPER FOOD + SUPER FOOD always = SUPER RESULTS!!!
Last week Health bought healthy snacks…This week PREPARED healthy snacks…
Same Rules Apply…
- Size of a snack between 150-250 cals…or 10-15% of your Caloric Energy Equation…
- Try to eat it before YOU get hungry…about 2.5-3 after your last meal
- Be prepared, plan your snacks out the night or day before!
- Try to keep your sodium under 200-250mg/snack/feeding
- Keep sugar exposure as reasonable as possible between 5-15 grams
CHOOSE RAW whenever possible
Two incredible “HEALTHY SNACK” both were given to us a client that just happens to be an amazing VERY creative cook!
And is a great example of SUPER FOOD + SUPER FOOD = SUPER RESULTS!
Healthy Snack #1…
Yummy Tuna salad:
- 3 – Cans 184g Cans of drained Tuna…50cals/50g…Sodium 42mg/serving
- 4 – TableSpoons greek yogurt…17 Cals/Tsp…Sodium 16.25 mg/Serving
- 4 – Table Spoons Low fat Mayo…12.5 Cals/…1/4Tsp
- 3T – Relish…15 Cals
- 1 – Tsp Dill weed
- ½ tsp Minced onion
- 1 – tsp Curry Powder
- Pinch garlic powder
Cut, Fill and serve Filled Pepper slices…
- Low FAT…but watch what the designer flavor are packed in
- Extremely versatile for snacks or meals
Healthy Snack #2
Tuna Berger’s on Rye Toast:
Can Double recipe for a BIG family or for a full week of tasty healthy snacks!!!
- 2 – Medium Sweet Potatoes…206 Cals/serving/6 = 34Cals
- ½ Red Pepper finely chopped…54…Cals/Serving/6 = 9Cals
- ½ Red onion finely chopped
- 3 – Eggs…72Cals x 3 = 219Cals/6 36Cals =
- 1 – tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 – cans (280g) of Tuna…560Cals/6 Servings= 93cals
- 1 – Small zucchini, grated…19Cals/6 Servings = 3Cals
- 1 – dash of fresh chopped parsley
- Spray oil…
- Rye Toast (optional)
Prepare heated Patti cut in 4 with or without Rye Toast…
When thinking about preparing a healthy snack from scratch remember “SUPER FOOD + SUPER FOOD = SUPER RESULTS?